National Health Investors Inc., a real estate investment trust specializing in the sales-leaseback, joint-venture, mortgage and mezzanine financing of need driven and discretionary senior housing and medical investments, has hired Michelle Kelly as SVP of investments, effective September 1, 2017.
Kelly will be responsible for business development and management of NHI’s customer relationships for the Western United States. Kelly previously served as vice president for an Ohio-based health care REIT and GE Healthcare Financial Services in similar capacities.
Eric Mendelson, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “I am very excited that Michelle will be joining the NHI team. Her experience, close operator relationships and in-depth industry knowledge will add bench strength to NHI and enable her to make a significant contribution to our business.”
NHI’s portfolio consists of independent, assisted and memory care communities, entrance-fee retirement communities, skilled nursing facilities, medical office buildings and specialty hospitals.
In other NHI news, the REIT recently revealed its Q3 dividend, which was a dividend of $.95 per common share for the third quarter of 2017 on November 10, 2017 to shareholders of record on September 29, 2017.
The company also recently revealed Q3 results. Check out the below highlights from those results.
Q2 2017 Highlights
- Announced $25.4 million in real estate acquisitions and loans; $158.7 million year-to-date
- Maintained low leverage balance sheet at 4.3x net debt-to-annualized adjusted EBITDA
- Portfolio lease coverage remains strong at 1.76x
- GAAP net income of $.93 for the second quarter; $2.03 year-to-date
- Normalized FFO up 8.2% over second quarter 2016; up 8.0% year-to-date
- Normalized AFFO up 7.3% over second quarter 2016; up 7.9% year-to-date
- Amended $800 million unsecured bank credit facility, lowering interest rates to 115 bps and 130 bps over 30-day LIBOR on the revolving credit facility and term loans, respectively, based on current leverage