Kimco Realty Corp. recently released its 2018 Corporate Responsibility Report. The sixth annual report provides a thorough account of Kimco’s performance in the areas of the environment, social impact, and governance.
“When we launched our formal sustainability program eight years ago, we set an ambitious course, seeking to position Kimco as a leader not only in the environmental space but also in the areas of social impact and governance,” said Conor Flynn, Chief Executive Officer at Kimco Realty. “We are proud to see our ESG vision becoming a reality, with major progress made on all three fronts. Our efforts and accomplishments in these areas have become a true differentiator for our organization and will remain a focus for the company going forward.”
Kimco’s achievements for 2018 include:
- Debuted on ISS’s E&S Quality Score with the leading score among retail REITs – 1 in the environmental category and 2 in the social category (on a 1-10 scale where 1 is the highest possible score)
- Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index for the fourth time, the only retail REIT on the index
- Achieved an “A” disclosure score from the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark
- Achieved Great Place to Work Certification for the first time
- Completed a multi-million-dollar commitment to submeter over 5,000 tenant spaces, a first among open-air retail landlords
- Achieved a cumulative 12.33 percent reduction in same-site greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions within operational control since 2015
- Completed the Lincoln Square Signature SeriesTM mixed-use development in Center City Philadelphia, which included the adaptive reuse of an historic Lincoln-era train station. The project was recognized by the Preservation Alliance for Greater Philadelphia, Philadelphia Business Journal, Curbed Philadelphia, and others
- Contributed 664 hours of employee volunteer service through Kimco’s Community Connection program. Beyond volunteerism, the company donated $284,134 in cash and in-kind gifts towards a variety of charitable causes
- Sponsored over 35,506 hours of training – an average of 67 hours per employee
The 34-page Corporate Responsibility Report follows the Global Reporting Initiative’s (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Standard. The summary report is intended for all audiences and covers the most relevant content for stakeholders. The report appendix is designed as optional supplemental reading for those stakeholders interested in more detailed GRI Disclosure data on Kimco’s performance.